Art Spaces is…
providing public art and the design of public places to enhance economic growth, enrich cultural experiences and build a legacy for future generations through
- establishing a highly visible collection of site-specific outdoor sculpture
- selecting works that inspire curiosity, thought and conversation.
- bringing fresh ideas and imaginative interpretations of public spaces to the community through lasting works of art.
- offering sculptures that are accessible 365 days a year at no charge.
- the efforts of dedicated volunteers from various areas in the community.
- an all-volunteer Board of Directors representing the arts, business, education, technology, and city government.
- focusing on uniting business and the arts to positively impact the economy of the area.
- advising and consulting with groups that want to acquire or commission sculpture.
- collaborating – bringing together people, business and art to build a vibrant city.
2019 Board of Directors
Chair: Andy Theisz Vice Chair: Craig McKee Treasurer: Brian Dyer Secretary: Sheron Dailey Past Chair: Ellie Caldwell
Board Members: Hilda Andres, Cindy Cox, Kristin Craig, Lori Danielson, Ariane Detamore, Shaun Hussey, Tina Kruger, Santhana Naidu, Eunice Pate, Cynthia Phillips-Sabla, Dianne Frances D. Powell, Gail Price, Anthony Robison, Sam Shanks, Bryan Sponsler, Tom Whitehurst
Emeritus Members: Wieke van der Weijden Benjamin, Beverly Cristee, Harriet McNeal, Laney Meis, Kevin L. Runion, DeDe Schindel
Advisory Counsel: Thomas S. Clary II; Wright, Shagley, & Lowery. P.C.
Mary Kramer, Executive Director
Kim Schwibbe, Operations Manager
Engage communities in collaborative practice to establish and maintain accessible public art that offers a sense of pride and possibility.
Build a collection that will animate curiosity, inspire potential and endure for many generations while honoring the past and present.
Enrich and strengthen our community and enhance economic development through innovative and purposeful design.
Embrace a global community through diverse programming and inclusive organizational practices
Expand knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the arts.
The vision of Art Spaces is to expand and strengthen the vitality of the Wabash Valley region through integration of public art into the life of our community.
The mission of Art Spaces is to provide public art and the design of public places to enhance economic growth, enrich cultural experiences and build a legacy for future generations.
Economic Development and City Planning
Downtown Terre Haute, Inc.
Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce
Terre Haute Economic Development Corp.