Art Spaces – Wabash Valley Outdoor Sculpture Collection, Inc.
Operations and Programs Coordinator or Manager
Job Description – July 2021
The Operations and Programs Coordinator/Manager is a full-time position vital to the daily functions of Art Spaces as well as the development and implementation of projects and programs. The position would begin in August 2021. The successful candidate is expected to utilize a variety of different capacities in carrying out a wide range of tasks. An individual seeking this position should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized, as well as having the ability to collaborate, work independently, and think creatively. The position requires communication and coordination with many different groups, organizations, and individuals in the Terre Haute community including those who work in the arts as well as in business, education and government. Position and salary commensurate with education and arts administration experience. BA required; MA or MFA degree in any art discipline preferred, particularly in arts administration. At least two years of experience in a non-profit, university or small business setting, preferably in the arts also required. Experience and ability in graphic design a plus, particularly with InDesign. Evidence of leadership experience and skills also a plus and could open opportunities for advancement. For a full job description and application requirements: https://wabashvalleyartspaces.com. To submit your materials or request additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note: “Job application” in the subject heading. Art Spaces is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
- Collaborating with the Executive Director in whatever ways necessary to help develop and preserve the Art Spaces collection of public sculpture in Terre Haute as assisting with planning, development and enhancement of placemaking projects that are meaningful and relevant to the City and region.
- Managing day-to-day office activities including in-person visitors, phone messages and emails, responding in a timely and professional manner;
- In coordination with the Executive Director and Board members, assisting with planning, organizing and implementing several annual and occasional special fundraising events and an annual appeal;
- Attending committee meetings when appropriate to ongoing responsibilities, or specific projects, and assisting committee Chairs and members as appropriate;
- Sharing oversight of college interns with the Executive Director;
- Scheduling and overseeing Facebook, Instagram and e-blasts with Marketing Committee, Executive Director and Board members as appropriate;
- Regularly reviewing and updating the website (seeking appropriate expertise to assist with complex aspects as needed);
- Maintaining and updating the database of Art Spaces media articles and linking fresh news to Facebook and Instagram;
- Occasional assistance with Art Spaces sculpture projects and related activities, including coordination of the sculpture selection process, design charrettes, open houses and dedications.
- In collaboration with Board members and the Executive Director, developing, coordinating and promoting educational programs and materials, including Art Chatter [public talks featuring public-art artists in local restaurants and other establishments] and other occasional public events;
- Processing donations and acknowledgements in a timely fashion and serving as point person to work directly with gift-tracking program support team.
- Other tasks related to the normal functioning of the organization and its projects and programs as assigned.
- BA, preferably with an arts or humanities major or minor;
- At least two years of experience in a non-profit, university or small business setting (preferably in the arts);
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Expertise and fluency in social media programs, particularly Facebook and Instagram.
- MA or MFA degree in any art discipline, particularly in arts administration, management or leadership;
- Graphic design skills, particularly experience and expertise in InDesign; and
- Evidence of leadership experience and skills a plus and could open opportunities for advancement.
Send a letter of application expressing your reasons for being interested in this position. Include in the letter a description of your relevant qualifications and job experience. A resume not to exceed two pages should include names, phone numbers and addresses of three references. At least two of the references should be current or previous (but recent) employers.
Submit materials to: email@example.com. (Please note “Job application” in the subject heading.)
Your submission will be acknowledged by return email within three business days. Application review will begin on August 9, 2021. The position will remain open until filled.