Art Spaces is…
- establishing a highly visible collection of site-specific outdoor sculpture.
- selects works that inspire curiosity, thought and conversation.
- brings fresh ideas and imaginative interpretations of public spaces to the community through lasting works of art.
- offers sculptures that are accessible 365 days a year at no charge.
- initiated in 2003 through the efforts of dedicated volunteers from various areas in the community.
- a nonprofit organization led by an all-volunteer Board of Directors representing the arts, business, education, technology, and city government.
- focused on uniting business and the arts to positively impact the economy of the area.
- all about collaboration – bringing together people and organizations and art for a vibrant city life.
- advises and consults with groups that want to acquire or commission sculpture.
Board of Directors
Chair Vice Chair Treasurer Secretary Past Chair
Ellie Caldwell Cheri Bradley Santhana Naidu Sherry Dailey Cindy Cox
Hilda Andres Carol Heine Botros Nancy Briggs Melody Brown Rick Burger
Kristin Craig Lori Danielson Ariane Detamore Allison Finzel Marylee Hagan
Ted Kraly Craig McKee Cynthia Phillips-Sabla Bryan Sponsler Andy Theisz
Wieke van der Weijden Benjamin Beverly Cristee Harriet McNeal Laney Meis
Kevin L. Runion DeDe Schindel
Mary Kramer, Executive Director
Kim Schwibbe, Operations Manager
Engage communities in collaborative practice to establish and maintain accessible public art that offers a sense of pride and possibility.
Build a collection that will animate curiosity, inspire potential and endure for many generations while honoring the past and present.
Enrich and strengthen our community and enhance economic development through innovative and purposeful design.
Embrace a global community through diverse programming and inclusive organizational practices
Expand knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the arts.
Economic Development and City Planning
Downtown Terre Haute, Inc.
Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce
Terre Haute Economic Development Corp.