Art Spaces is…
providing public art and the design of public places to enhance economic growth, enrich cultural experiences and build a legacy for future generations through
- establishing a highly visible collection of site-specific outdoor sculpture
- selecting works that inspire curiosity, thought and conversation.
- bringing fresh ideas and imaginative interpretations of public spaces to the community through lasting works of art.
- offering sculptures that are accessible 365 days a year at no charge.
- the efforts of dedicated volunteers from various areas in the community.
- an all-volunteer Board of Directors representing the arts, business, education, technology, and city government.
- focusing on uniting business and the arts to positively impact the economy of the area.
- advising and consulting with groups that want to acquire or commission sculpture.
- collaborating – bringing together people, business and art to build a vibrant city.
2017 Board of Directors
Chair Vice Chair Treasurer Secretary Past Chair
Ellie Caldwell Cheri Bradley Santhana Naidu Sherry Dailey Cindy Cox
Hilda Andres Carol Heine Botros Nancy Briggs Melody Brown Rick Burger
Kristin Craig Lori Danielson Ariane Detamore Allison Finzel
Ted Kraly Craig McKee Cynthia Phillips-Sabla Bryan Sponsler Andy Theisz
Wieke van der Weijden Benjamin Beverly Cristee Harriet McNeal Laney Meis
Kevin L. Runion DeDe Schindel
Mary Kramer, Executive Director
Kim Schwibbe, Operations Manager
Engage communities in collaborative practice to establish and maintain accessible public art that offers a sense of pride and possibility.
Build a collection that will animate curiosity, inspire potential and endure for many generations while honoring the past and present.
Enrich and strengthen our community and enhance economic development through innovative and purposeful design.
Embrace a global community through diverse programming and inclusive organizational practices
Expand knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the arts.
Economic Development and City Planning
Downtown Terre Haute, Inc.
Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce
Terre Haute Economic Development Corp.